Where is the school?
Españolé is just in the centre, in one of the most traditional streets of the city, next to the old University of Valencia, 2 minutes walking to the Cathedral, Town Hall... and all the interesting sites. It is located in the shopping area.
How big is Valencia?
Valencia is the third largest city in Spain, after Madrid and Barcelona. Including its suburbs, Valencia has almost 1 million inhabitants.
How is the climate?
The climate is Mediterranean, i.e., very mild. Summers are warm but temperatures seldom exceed 30o C (86o F). In winter they are rarely below 10o C (50o F). It doesn't rain much, and the rainy seasons are normally the fall (September-October) and the spring (April-May). It is normally sunny and in winter it's very pleasant to walk outdoors and enjoy the open air cafes during the day.
How far is the beach from the school?
The beach is about 20 minutes by bus.
Is there public transportation?
There is a large network of public buses and underground that connects practically every point in the city. It's quite easy to get from the school to any part of the city.
How much does the bus/underground cost?
A bus or underground single ticket is about 1,5€. You can buy a "bono-bus" or "bono metro" for ten trips for 8€.
How can I get to Valencia?
- Manises-Valencia Airport International airport of Valencia with scheduled flights to Spanish and European capitals.
- Distance from airport to the centre of Valencia, 15 kilometers.
- Public bus service from airport to bus station 4€
- Taxi from airport to centre of Valencia approximately 25 €
- Direct flights to and from Manises-Valencia International Airport to Brussels, Frankfurt, Lisbon, London, Milan, Paris, Zurich.
- From Madrid or Barcelona all points in the world can be reached by air.
- Information telephone +34-96-159-8500
- Estación del Norte which is located right in the city centre.
- To check for destinations and timetables, visit the following website: www.renfe.es
- Connection with the international European network of trains through France. Trains leaving for all points within Spain daily from Estación del Norte.
- Information telephone +34-96-352-0202
- Maritime Pier. Port of Valencia.
- To check for destinations and timetables, visit the following website: www.transmediterranea.net
- Year round service.
- Information telephone +34-96-367-0704
- Motorway A-7 along the Mediterranean coast.
- Motorway A-3 to Madrid.
Which transport -possibilities are given to get from the airport to Valencia?
You can take the metro, lines 3 and 5 reach the city in about 25 minutes. The price for one way is around 4€.
You can take a taxi. It costs around 25€ to the school. You can take it whenever during the day, at the main door of the airport (arrivals).
How to reach the school by car?
Coming from Barcelona, follow the traffic signs to "Valencia". Using the motorway or the national route. Passing Sagunto (35 km from Valencia) you will get automatically to the A 7. Just go straight to the centre, the school is just by "El Corte Inglés".