These are the measures and simple security guidelines our students and staff will have to follow to ensure a safe stay with us.
- Student's temperature will be checked automatically every day when entering the school building.
- At the school entrance students will be asked to clean their hands with sanitizer and disinfect shoes.
- There will be signs around the school explaining the one-way system for using the stairwells and corridors.
- The use of a mask is right now mandatory in Spain in public spaces if the safety distance of 1,5 metres cannot be guaranteed. We ask our students to come with their own mask and wear it in the school. On the open air areas such as terraces and patio it can be taken off while keeping the safety distance.
- The school staff will be wearing a mask when in contact with students. Teachers are allowed to not wear it during their lessons respecting the safety distance guideline.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in the school area. Surface disinfectant product will be available in school's toilets.
- The school will be intensively cleaned and disinfected every day. Certain areas such as toilets, railings, door knobs ....will be cleaned and disinfected several times per day.
- Depending on the size of the classroom each class will have between 5 and 10 students in order to respect a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between each participant. In this case it won't be necessary to wear masks in class.
- The weekly schedule might be adapted if needed and starting and break times can be staggered to avoid many students moving around the corridors or in the common areas of the school at the same time. Teachers will advise of break times on arrival.
- Host families will follow all government guidelines on social distancing and will ensure common areas are maintained to a high degree of cleanliness.
- In the residences common areas will be disinfected daily and deeply cleaned once a week.
- No visitors are allowed in residences or shared apartments.
- In case a student has high temperature, we will help her/him to see a doctor who will determine the treatment and measures that have to be taken.
- In case of positive COVID-19 testing, the student will be asked to stay in the accommodation: homestay, residence or student apartments for a minimum of 14 days following health authorities’ recommendations. The school will give the student all the support needed.